Four Winds’ last blog left off on the fifth reason for investing in cybersecurity training – ALL companies, both large and small, can be the target of hackers.
5 more reasons why cybersecurity awareness training is an intelligent investment:
- With cybersecurity, contracting a virus is the least of an SMB’s concern. Depending on the severity of the breach a company can incur legal and financial repercussions, and lose the confidence and trust of customers. In the worst cases, the survival of the business is at risk. The U.S. National Cyber Security Alliance found that sixty percent of small companies are unable to sustain their businesses over six months after a cyber attack. According to the Ponemon Institute, the average price for small businesses to clean up after their businesses have been hacked stands at $690,000; and, for middle market companies, it’s over $1 million.
- The threats are endless: phishing scams, malvertising, ransomware, social engineering, and the list goes on. Employees can NOT keep up without ongoing education and training. With valuable information, employees can protect themselves on both personal and professional levels.
- In addition to the multitude of varied threats, those threats are also constantly evolving and employee training must evolve right along with it. Research proves that ongoing, practical cybersecurity training can reduce the risk of a security breach by fifty percent!
- In some industries, training your front line is required, and, complying with these regulations can help a business avoid stiff penalties associated with non-compliance. These penalties, of course, are secondary to the risk of a company’s very survival.
- Security awareness training is simply a win-win trifecta solution. Train employees to help themselves, the company and its customers.
Four Winds can help you with this win-win solution, call us at 941.315.2380 or visit our website at http://fourwindsnetworkservices.com/.